The Price House at 714 Montgomery was built by Joseph Price for cousin Reese in 1803, so it's one of the oldest buildings in Narberth. Even more significant is what happened here. "Edward R. Price, whose family had arrived on Narberth's land in the first wave of Welsh Quaker immigration (1682), was born in this Price house, lived all his life in it and died in it. And inasmuch as this devout Quaker farmer in 1881 founded the town of Elm that became Narberth, this house can be considered Narberth's birthplace, because the idea and plans for establishing Elm as a town took shape in it." —Victoria Donohoe, Narberth—A History
After Edward Price's death in 1887, the house built for his grandfather remained part of his estate, which over the next thirty years was parcelled out to become the town of Narberth. By 1920, Price's house with a little over one acre came into the possesion of John A. Mowrer, a general conractor. It has been owned since 1959 by Lankenau Hospital as the Hamper Shop, a consignment and thrift shop.
In 1998 the Lower Merion Historical Society erected a historic marker in the Montgomery Avenue right-of-way commemorating Joseph Price.